Party Of Five
Contact = Boat@wizniuk.com
Price = $155,000USD
The Island Spirit brand was introduced into the United States and the Caribbean charter market in 1998. Designed by Phil Southwell and built in South Africa by Fortuna Catamarans Inc. it very quickly became popular due to the revolutionary design which offered both optimal space and superior sailing performance. The Island Spirits have been awarded Top Ten Sail Magazine awards in 2001, 2003 and 2005. Although they are a lesser known boat, they are stout and capable ocean going catamarans. In fact every one of these boats built was delivered on their own bottoms to owners all over the world, with 38 crossing the Atlantic for delivery in the USA. They are constructed with solid glass below the waterline and balsa cored decks. Each hull is separated into multiple compartments with a sealed crush compartment fore and aft making them extremely safe. There are just very few catamarans that offer this balance of performance, safety and excellent living accommodations.
S/V Party of Five is a great example of an Island Spirit catamaran. Originally commissioned in 2004 with multiple upgrades and unique features. She was sailed across the Atlantic 3 times by her previous owners. We purchased her as the third owner in 2015. After sailing her around Cuba, Mexico and south Florida she underwent a complete refit in 2016. After the refit, she has taken our family from Florida to the Caribbean where she has gone up and down the island chain numerous times. She is outfitted for extending living at anchor. In fact, she has only been to a dock less than 5 nights in the last 2 years. Her systems allow our family of five to live comfortably off the grid for extended periods of time. The solar covers all our electricity needs, including the on board washing machine. A Honda 2000 provides 120V AC to power the 120L/h watermaker and is a backup source of energy.
She is a great boat that has served us well, but after 4 years of cruising our family has decided that its time for a new adventure. She is currently anchored in Martinique waiting for new owners to have their own adventures with her. The Grenadines, the Caribbean or around the world, this affordably priced catamaran is ready to take you there! Please be sure to read the specifications page to see all the upgrades and improvements that have been recently done.
2004 Island Spirit 400 Catamaran. Built by Fortuna Catamarans in Cape Town, South Africa.
Designed by Phil Southwell.
Hulls are solid GRP below the waterline and Balsa Core elsewhere
4 double cabins, 2 heads, galley on bridge deck
LOA: 11.75 m
Beam: 6.85 m
Minimum Draft: 1.05 m
IS400 – Manual (NOTE – Original from factory on commissioning)
- U-shaped galley with large counter space, stainless steel. (New in 2016)
- 1 upright fridge with front opening door and small freezer box. (New in 2016)
- 1 top opening freezer. (Amazing, can freeze a whole turkey, or a beer in 6 min)
- Eno propane stove (New in 2016), 3 burners.
- Eno propane oven ( New in 2018)
- All Acrylic windows replaced in 2019 (long side windows, back galley window)
- 2 20lb propane tanks in a self draining locker in the cockpit. (New in 2016)
- Sparcraft mast, crossbeam, boom and rigging
- Standing rigging replaced in 2016 (www.riggingonly.com)
- Three reefing points with jammers built into the underside mast end of boom
- Boom strut
- Running rigging replaced as required, some 1 year old, some 3 years old
- Fully battened mainsail – average condition (restitched 2016)
- Stack pack, new 2016 (Tenara thread)
- Roller furling genoa – excellent condition, New in 2016 (Tenara, Sunbrella solar strip)
- Large symetric spinnaker in a sock – good condition
- Regular Jib (folded in front compartment, never unfolded since purchase, condition unknown)
- 2 X Lewmar One Touch Power Grip Winch Handle
- 25kg Rockna anchor with 175 feet of galvanized chain (New 2016)
- 25kg Danforth secondary
- Lofrans Tigres 1500W windlass
- B&G Zeus2 7” chartplotter with complete Caribbean and Eastern USA charts(New in 2016)
- B&G Triton wind, depth speed package (New in 2016)
- Raymarine Evolution EV-200 autopilot (New in 2016)
- Vesper Marine XB-6000A AIS transponder (New in 2016)
- Vesper Marine VHF/AIS/FM Antenna Splitter (New in 2016)
- Standard Horizon Explorer 1600x VHF radio with RAM mic (New in 2016)
- Standard Horizon hand held VHF radio (New in 2018)
- Fresh Water Tanks: 2 plastic 350 liter (700L capacity)
- Fuel Tanks: 2 aluminum 250 liter (500L capacity)
- Holding Tanks: 2 150 liters GRP in keels (300L capacity)
Electrical Equipment and Entertainment
- Rainman 120Vac 120L/hour watermaker (New in 2016)
- 400AH LiFePO4 Winston battery bank. (New in 2018)
- 9 Solar panels, split into 4 banks connected to Victron MPPT solar controllers. 900 watts
- Honda 2000 generator (fair shape, many hours)
- Honda 2200 generator (as backup, brand new, never used, 2019)
- IOTA 80A house battery charger. (New in 2018)
- Victron BMV-700 battery monitor (New in 2016)
- Custom energy monitor station (monitor each input individually)
- 120Vac 1000 Watt true sine wave inverter (New in 2017)
- Hot water tank connected to the Port Engine. Also connected to inverter to allow hot water on excess solar days.
- 400W Wind generator (New in 2017)
- Beko 6KG WASHING MACHINE (New in 2018)
- 220Vac 2500 watt true sine wave inverter (New in 2018)
- All LED lights (multiple circuits to allow task lighting)
- 12V fans (cabins and salon)
- RCA 19” LED TV (2017)
- Stereo, Amazon offbrand (New in 2017)
- Volvo MD2030 30 HP diesel inboards. (hours unknown, est 4000h).
- Engine panels replaced in 2018 with standard Faria gauges
- Volvo sail drives (MS25S) with 2 blade propellers.
- Solenoid controlled from the helm to allow boosting from house bank on either motor.
- Highfield CL310 Hypalon dinghy. (New in 2018)
- 9.8 hp Tohatsu outboard engine (New in 2016)
- Water tank gauges (New in 2018)
- Mooring lines and fenders
- Engine spares and tools
- Trampolines (New in 2016)
- Cockpit cushions (New in 2016)
- Soft top bimini with center walking board to access boom. All outside fabrics sewn with Tenara thread (New in 2016)
- Phifertex window and hatch covers, (New in 2016)